Monday 28 November 2011

A Walk in the Park at Wat Phnom

Day 4

We left the hotel with the intention of visiting the temple Wat Phnom and the Central Market. On the temple grounds was this big girl named Sumba.




Buddist belief is if you release a bird to fly away free good fortune will come to you. Of course there is a donation at the temple for this offering. This is the little bird just before flight.  
My next stop was the eye glass center cause I recently noticed the writing on Rx bottles at work was getting smaller and smaller. Deb wasn’t going to wait while I got an eye exam and chose some designer frames so went down the street  for a massage. I walked out with my new glasses 20 min later and never did find Deb but found a street market  and the central market. Mid afternoon it was time for another shower as the humidity does me in.   

Human hair for extensions

our milk kids in the park


Elephant in park with sandals on front feet. I started out feeding her bananas that she took out of my hand and devoured whole.


 I eventually found our hotel and Deb soon followed.  We ventured back to the market together as we each found things we thought the other would like. I bought a North Face day pack for $5. And Deb disappointed that I didn’t barter.  We looked for a massage place near our hotel but decided on food instead. Its amazing how poor ones appetite gets in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment