Sunday 24 July 2011

Eucott hotspring

July 20, 2011      Ahhh, just what I needed. Dave and I were first up and headed over to the spring before the girls awoke. Dave soon bored of the hot tub and went back on board leaving me to luxuriate in the steaming bath. The girls returned with a thermos of coffee and we soaked until our skin and hair were exquisite. From the skiff, Dave pointed out bears on either side of the beach from the hotpool but we too relaxed to be concerned.  After brunch we decided to keep on moving as there was another hotspring in the next inlet.
When we got into Nascall Bay the rain was beating down hard, the anchor didn't take on the first attempt so I went over to the dock to ask for permission to dock. No one was around so I went to a shelter that housed to hot pools just up the hill. Still no sign of life. So I went into the unlocked building on the dock-nada, nunca, noone. I radioed to the Irish Rose that the place was deserted but there were 2 hot pools.
Soon the caretakers surfaced after over hearing my radio call and graciously offered us docking space and the use of the pools for a donation of our choice.  Dave and I took the skiff up river as far as we dared until the ferocious white water prevented any further entry. As this was to be my second last night onboard I made cinnamon rolls for the crew as Annes choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment